In an instant of sheer brilliance, we purchased a frozen cheesecake for our daughter’s 9th birthday party. It didn’t occur to me before this, that the cake might actually be gluten free! Come to think of it, my favorite cheesecake is nothing more than eggs, sugar, and cream cheese! So, yeah, in its truest sense, it IS gluten free!
Is that not the best news ever?!?
Yes, there is a slight chance that you already knew that. But how can I keep news like this to myself??
Here’s the one that always works for me – the classic cream cheese cake – from the Philadelphia Cream Cheese package:
- 3 bricks (250g) of cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325, spray/coat 9″ springform pan
- combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook for 45 – 50 minutes until center is just about set.
- Cool, remove rim, refrigerate for four hours until set.
As long as you don’t contaminate your cheesecake with a dirty springform pan, you have a perfectly delicious and gluten free cake!