One of the many great things to love about Barbecue season is that the gluten-free options are many and varied. The barbee usually features nice tender meat selections and grilled veggies. Pasta on the BBQ? Not that I’ve heard of!
Cleaning the BBQ of Gluten
One teeny tiny warning – burning the grill may kill off germs, but not gluten. If your bbq has warmed buns in the past, it will need a thorough cleaning (we’re talking clean as if it was brand-sparkling shiny new metal) or wrap your packets in tin foil to avoid contamination.
- Grilled Halibut Vera Cruz Packs
- Grilled Black Bean & Rice Stuffed Peppers (Vegetarian)
- Grilled Mediterranean Tuna Steaks
- Grilled Caesar Turkey Burgers – these are on my list to try this week!! Obviously you’ll want to substitute lettuce wraps or gfree buns for the Kaiser buns in the recipe.
- Grilled Honey Cumin BBQ Pork Packs
Note – when selecting ingredients, be sure to use pre-packaged gluten free ingredients. Although it may be tempting to select the olives from the deli bulk bins, resist and buy the safely bottled or canned variety that will not be contaminated with gluten.