These delicious thumbprint jam cookies are based off of the Big Red Betty Crocker cookbook. Mine were too crumbly so I’ve added another egg to this recipe – let me know how they turn out!
|Thumbprint Jam Cookies||
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup margarine (not low-fat)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (we used walnuts)
- 6 Tbsp jam, any flavor (we used sugar-free apricot)
- Heat oven to 350degrees F, spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Beat brown sugar, shortening, margarine, vanilla, egg and egg yolk with blender until mixed well.
- Combine flour, guar gum, salt. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Beat egg white until slightly frothy.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, dip into egg white, roll in crushed nuts. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Press thumb into center of each cookie. Cook 8 minutes. Quickly remake indentations if necessary. And remove to rack to cool.
- Fill each thumbprint with about 1/2 tsp of jam.