Candy Cane Candy bark! We made a cookie sheet of it, and broke it up, bagged it, and are delivering to neighbors & friends this week. The kids had a blast smashing the candy canes!
Read below the recipe to find printable bag toppers!
|Peppermint Candy Cane Bark||
- 1 lb white candy melts (gluten free – means do NOT get them from open bulk containers)
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 300g chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- 4 – 10 drops peppermint extract – to taste
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Melt the white candy melts & shortening in a double boiler
- Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper or tin foil
- When all melts are dissolved, add peppermint extract, stir well
- (optional – add red food coloring to top of double boiler, stir 6 times lightly for a swirl effect)
- Pour onto cookie sheet, spread evenly
- Melt chocolate chips in same double boiler, stirring to an even color until completely melted.
- Pour chocolate chips & shortening evenly over white layer. Take knife and swirl the two layers together.
- Top with crushed candy canes before the chocolate chips set.
- Put in freezer to set in 5 minutes.
- Remove, break into pieces and put in pretty bags for gifting!
Click on the image to go to the site and download these FREE printable bag toppers! How cute are they?