Comfort food to the extreme! The recipe is all my favorites: cheddar, potatoes, bacon, broccoli. Tossed together in a creamy sauce and topped with more cheese. Yum!
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 head broccoli florets
- 4 med potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Blend 2 Tbsp corn starch, 4 Tbsp water. Shake.
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Fry bacon in large skillet until crispy. Remove bacon from pan. Crumble.
- Add chopped onion and fry in bacon grease until light brown.
- Add bacon back to pan, with the cream cheese, Stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth & potatoes, salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add broccoli.
- Cover and simmer again until potatoes are soft (approx 5 more min).
- Remove from heat, add cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Put it all in a casserole dish and heat through in 350 oven for 30 minutes.