I have a fabulous new cookbook to tell you about. When I got it, I was a little apprehensive because of the title:
4 Ingredients Gluten Free
Um, exactly how yummy can four ingredients be? Fast, yes. Yummy? I was sure to include my standard, “If I can’t recommend it to my family and friends, I reserve the right NOT to publish a review… yada yada…” To which, the PR lady was all very – oh, of course, blah blah… This is how the blog world works – did you know? yada yada… blah blah… and vice versa.
So, could there be a better review than to show you these pictures?
I present Yam & Feta frittata: (recipe below)
And because I’m a thorough reviewer (cough, cough), I also made the Herb-crusted fish, Quesadillas, Broccoli & Cheddar Nuggets (huge hit with everyone), Pea & Ham Soup. And used a bunch more of the recipes for inspiration in other dishes and ‘surprise skillets’.
Recipes still on my list of must try:
Toasted Camembert Sandwich
Date & Walnut Pears
Warm Cheese Dip
Brazilian Fried Bananas
So, do I recommend this book? As long as you get your own, ’cause I ain’t sharing.
From the fabulous "4 Ingredients Gluten Free" cookbook.
- 2 1/4 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch slices
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread yams on baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tbsp oil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn to broil.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil over med. heat. Add yams and feta.
- Whisk eggs separately and season with salt & pepper. Pour eggs into skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place frittata under broiler for 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool slightly and slice into wedges.