Fruits & Veggies: nothing healthier, or easier. However, lots of people, grown-ups too, don’t eat much of this. So here’s some yummier treats:
- applesauce, store-bought fruit leathers, canned in juice fruit cocktail (even healthier poured over cottage cheese, or topped with sugar-free yogurt)
- baked apples: core apple, stuff with special sugar, cinnamon, raisins and microwave on high 1-2 minutes. Enjoy! Or top with ice cream, and enjoy it more!
- Fruit dip: 1 block of cream cheese, softened. Add 1/2 cup of splenda or sugar. 1/4 cup milk. Add food colouring or sprinkles, or fresh berries. Blend it up – and voila!
- Banana Freezies: Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, peel banana, cut in half width-wise, stick popsicle stick in it, roll it around in melted chocolate, place on wax paper, and freeze.
- Dried fruits: These are so yummy all by themselvs. Or if you like, chop them up small, and add to cereal or yogurt, or ice cream.
- Veggie Dip: get out the ol’ bottle of ranch dip, or whip up dill dip: 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sour cream, lots of dried dill. Let chill for 3 hours or until flavors blend.
- do-it-yourself veggies: kids love to make this themselves – cut up big chunks of your favorite veggies, give kids bamboo skewers, and show them how to safely stab the veggies into a shishkabob. Provide veggie dip.
- ants on a log: the old favorite – celery, sliced into long canoe shapes, filled with peanut butter and little black ants (raisins) on top. My kids really like cheez whiz piled in their celery. (not that I would admit to having that around)
- That’s all i got right now. Any other ideas?