The alternative to condensed, Cream of Mushroom Soup/ White Sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp margy
- 2 Tbsp, heaping corn starch
- 4 Tbsp water
- thyme (pinch)
- chicken base (No Name Chicken Bouillon liquid is gluten-free) – 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp onion soup mix (gluten free, of course).
- Combine corn starch & water in small container, shake until fully dissolved
- Add corn starch mix to milk, in a microwavable bowl. Whisk well.
- Add seasonings, whisk together.
- Microwave, on high, for 2-4 minutes, whisking well after each minute.
And you’re done! It makes a great substitute for cream of mushroom soup in casseroles, side dishes, white gravy, etc.