This is a make-ahead casserole type dish. You’ll need an hour to cook, and 20 minutes to prep I suspect. But then you pop it in the oven and walk away for an hour. That’s worth it isn’t it?
- 4 large pork chops (this recipe is great for those not-so-good cuts)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 pkg of onion soup mix (NN is gluten free)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- large can(540ml) of prepared Cream of Mushroom soup (President’s Choice is gluten free)
- 5-7 large potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sear the pork chops (brown on both sides) in oil. Remove.
- Wash and slice potatoes (they do not need to be peeled). Layer in bottom of small roaster.
- Cut up margarine into chunks/ teaspoons and sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- Stir together soup mix, mushroom soup, and salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes.
- Place pork chops over top the potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for an hour.
If you mix up a veggie and salad and put in the fridge, then you’re ready to sit on your tush and relax for an hour before dinner!