I haven’t made this in years – but I’m going to this week, and I’ll post a pic when I do. It is one of those beautiful dishes. For this we use light and fluffy rice, top with hot grilled chicken, pineapples, onions, tomatoes and coconut. It is a wonderful light summer dinner. And would go really nicely with a strawberry shortcake flan for dessert! (you’ll have to google that one!)
- 2 cups white rice, cooked according to package directions.
- 2 chicken skin-less, bone-less chicken breasts
- 2 bell pepper: 1 green, 1 red
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 can of pineapple, drained
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- peanuts, chopped
- Pound the chicken flat, and grill/broil until done
- Chop into bite size pieces the green & red bell pepper, red onion or chives, tomato, pineapple.
- Toss this with a dash of Italiano Seasoning.
- Cook vegetables on tin foil to reserve the juices.
Place cooked hot rice onto large platter. Cover with gorgeous assortment of roasted veggies and cut-up chicken. In 3-4 other bowls offer coconut, peanuts and raisins as condiments. The kids might prefer to slather it with butter or margarine, but it ruins the tender flavors of the vegetables in my opinion. (not that the children are interested in ‘tender flavors’ of anything.) lol