I made this last week, and lost the scribbled note on the ingredients that I used! Drat! So here’s what I remember, if you give this a try, let me know how it goes! I’ll confirm this next time I make this dish. It was VERY yummy. We ate it up, and the kids wanted more. This idea was sprung from tons of recipes on RecipeZaar pairing fruit with pork, and my over-abundance of dried apricots. Using up old stuff – isn’t that where the best recipes come from? lol
- 3/4 cup packed dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon (enough to make 1 cup broth)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite – I used original Kraft)
- approx 2 lbs pork tenderloins
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- Place all ingredients into casserole dish or roaster, except the pork, and mix.
- Sear the pork in frying pan over med-high heat. A few minutes on each side.
- Place pork on top. Baste. And cook. Covered for 1 hour 350°F. And then uncovered for 1/2 hour or so.
Serve with hot rice, veggie and salad! Yummmmmmy.