One thing I will rarely post are spicy recipes. It just isn’t us. We’re hot, don’t get me wrong. We just don’t particularly care for hot food. We do at least once a month have taco salad. And yesterday I shared my two week menu. The day after a meal with mashed potatoes, is usually shepherd's pie. And yesterday I happened to not only have mashed potatoes, but leftover taco-seasoned ground beef too. It was absolutely divine! And the spicy-ness was to our liking, because I tend to use minimal taco seasoning on our ground beef anyway. I highly recommend arranging your menu to produce the necessary ‘leftovers’ for this dish!
- leftover mashed potatoes (approx 2 cups)
- leftover taco meat (from 1 – 2 cups)
- 1/2 package of onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- leftover mixed veggies
- leftover grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms
- couple tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
1. Mix everything together except the potatoes and cheese, in a large casserole dish or roasting pan.
2. Top evenly with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
3. Bake 350°F for 1/2 an hour or until heated through.