This is better than DQ ice cream cakes by a LOOOOONG ways. Give this a go:
- [cref #802 Brownie Recipe]
- 2 liters of ice cream
- bucket of cool whip, defrosted
- birthday candles
- Bake brownies in 9×13 pan. (I had to use several pans, and then layered the cake in a truffle serving dish.)
- While brownies are cooling, remove ice cream from freezer to soften on counter.
- Layer: brownie bottom, spoon ice cream evenly over the brownie, then spread cool whip over top.
- Decorate with candles. And provide children to sing, “Happy Birthday”.
Hint: I’ve colored cool whip with food coloring before – and it works beautifully!
Hint #2: Make plans for the leftovers before they end up on your hips. Ahem.
<– THAT is why I don’t post pictures very often. You can’t even tell its a cake! lol