You know those times when you have to bring something along to a BBQ or Pot Luck? Well, M. Cook, you’re not the only one who all of the sudden becomes the gourmet chef. How could I possibly bring my 5-ingredient-wonder to a food fest, when my personal character is being judged on such? THIS is the real deal, my friends: It is waiting to be the show off of the table.
Have I mentioned that this baby also tastes divine?
I give you, The Showing-Off Potato Salad (I made that up – do you like it? )
- 8 small sweet gherkins
- 6 potatoes, peeled, cubed, and boiled until just cooked
- 4 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1.5 c mayonnaise (the real stuff, people, none of this ‘Salad Dressing’ nonsense)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp gherkins pickle juice
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1. Take an hour or two cutting that HUGE list of ingredients into tiny bits so it looks pretty. Or you could use one of those cool manual chopper thingy’s. (I’d totally be willing to review a chopper thingy. Just sayin’.)
2. Stir up the salad dressing.
3. Toss together (be sure to bring some cute little red bits to the surface so it looks oh-so-pretty)
NOTE: for the love of all things good – don’t smother it in paprika like your mama used to do!