I love pork tenderloin – it is fantastically cheap. And it is delicious, when I manage not to cook it to death. This recipe is my gluten-free & Cathy-fied variation of this easy recipe from Life Made Delicious.
- 1 pork tenderloin, sliced into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup water, and 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook pork in hot oil 4-6 minutes per side, until no longer pink in centre. Remove to serving plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add mushrooms. Stir fry until brown and softened. Stir broth into skillet. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in mustard.
- Combine water & cornstarch. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over pork.
- Serve with rice or noodles!