Guess what today is? Er, if you’re reading this on Easter Friday, guess what yesterday was?
The last freaking day of school before Easter. Guess who realized today that it was the last day before Easter break tomorrow? You’ve obviously had your coffee if you can follow that.
Where was I?
Pinterest to the rescue! I was going to – just this second – paste some of those beautiful photos here for you to see, but then I decided I’m not that self deprecating. We wouldn’t want you to be tempted to think I’m not as creative and fabulous as I do.
So at an unnamed place on the internet that starts with P, I found this recipe for these gorgeous little marshmellow Easter egg nests with cadbury chocolate eggs inside.
Here is how the original Easter Egg Nests recipe went:
- you whip up some home-made marshmallows (by this time I’m totally sucked into my most
sarcastic and cynical pleasant self)
- then you pipe them with tip #%*(&* into nice swirls on parchment paper
- simply roast up some coconut till nice and toasty, sprinkle approximately 21 strings around your swirl
- lightly indent the center of your swirl with chocolate eggs
- Buy pink cupcake paper cups
- Buy large marshmallows (when those run out use a bazillion little ones)
- Bake them at whatever oven for approximately a few minutes until big and puffy
- Shake a bag of coconut with green food dye in it so that it looks fun and the children want to do it for you. Until blended.
- Sprinkle green ‘grass’ around edges of each puffy marshmallow
- Smush down in center with three Cadbury chocolate eggs.