I’m going to let you know about a new favourite foodie site. Once you see this site, you’ll totally fall in love. So you have to promise you’ll still love me too. Deal?
I found this lady – rather she found me – in my day job at Desperately Seeking WordPress where I create and support WordPress websites. I had the privilege to go through every recipe on her site during our project together – and believe me – YUMMINESS.
She is a bacon inspiration.
Yep, you heard that right. Bacon. Inspiration. I heretofor (see! I can be classy) associated bacon with greasy cheeseburgers and heart-stopping breakfasts. Kate has broadened my bacon horizons.
Kate of FramedCooks fame is the inspiration for today’s Creamy Garlic & Bacon Spaghetti.
Delightful combination of roasted garlic, summer vegetables and bacon. Add pasta and its a truly satisfying and quick dinner.
- 1/2 bulb of roasted garlic ( about 1.5 tbsp mashed )
- 1/4 c cream cheese
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- 1/4 milk
- salt & pepper
- 2 handfuls uncooked brown rice spaghetti noodles
- dash EVOO
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 heads broccoli florets
- 1 yellow pepper, 1 inch chunks
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1. Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2. Combine sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth
- 3. Cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel, drain excess grease.
- 4. Using same frying pan, add all veggies, and 3/4 cup of water. Cover. Simmer for 7-8 minutes until veggies are almost cooked through. Remove lid. Simmer until liquid boils away - 1 - 2 minutes.
- 5. Toss EVOO with pasta (only necessary with gluten free pasta).
- 6. Add veggies & sauce and toss well.