This is the recipe that I use for snacks, dinner, lunch, after a workout – just about any time. Serve over noodles for the family.
It freezes well. For the kids I blend it and dilute one:one with water for a lunch-box tomato soup. Personally I like it undiluted and chunky. If you don’t have some of these veggies, just substitute or leave out any. Its very versatile.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 eggplant, chopped
- 3 stems kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans (15oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (20oz) tomato sauce
- 4-6 Tbsp Italiano (OR 3 Tbsp dried basil + 2 Tbsp dried oregano + 1 tsp onion powder)
- 2-4 cups water
- Water sautee garlic, onions, mushrooms, celery, green peppers, carrots and spices until onions are translucent.
- Add everything except the kale. Cook over 1 hour. (The longer the better.)
- Before serving, add kale to wilt.
- For a creamy soup, blend before serving and dilute with water to taste.