As far as I can tell, this would have to be eaten in moderation since I use regular stewing beef. If you used a leaner cut (sirloin?) this would be a very healthy meal.
Toss in the frying pan to sear:
- 1lb stewing meat cut into bite size pieces
Toss into Crockpot/ Slow Cooker:
- 3-4 potatoes, cut into chunks,
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks,
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- (dash worcestershire if you happen to be in the states)
- 3 Tablespoons onion soup mix, 1 tablespoon soy sauce (only a few are GF!)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Sear meat for 3-4 minutes over med-high heat, stirring continuously.
- Put into slow cooker with other ingredients.
- Turn on medium for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Mix together 2 Tablespoons corn starch, and 4 tablespoons COLD water. Pour into stew while stirring to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Enjoy with a GF English Muffin (from the freezer), fresh bread or for a treat – Baking Powder Biscuits.