So I’ve been a little adventurous this week with a new ingredient – White Wine Vinegar. And I’ve had to be a little less kitchen-averse on this diet. You just can’t pull out a bottle of BBQ sauce and expect to loose weight. And this recipe? I’ll never use a bottle of BBQ sauce again – it is THAT good! If you try this with regular vinegar, let mek now how it works.
Homemade Special BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 grams Splenda (or 2 Tbsp brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- leftover pieces from yesterday’s baked chicken or
- thinly sliced chicken breasts or
- thinly sliced pork tenderloin
Cook meat first, or use leftover pieces. Mix the sauce together, and pour over meat in large skillet. Heat over medium until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 – 20 minutes. Serve over rice or with potato wedges.