Hi there, This is my first attempt at “freezer cooking” since Mike was diagnosed 2 years ago. Things have still been touch and go for him with cramping and what not. But this last week he was able to start biking to work again – exercise! So that is a huge improvement.
Here’s what you’re all after:
- Roasted Chicken with Mashed Potatoes (for tonight)
- Chicken Alfredo with Linguini
- Teriyaki chicken Bowl
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Casserole
- Shepherd's Pie
- 3 side dishes: creamy scalloped potatoes, 2x stir fried rice
- roasted whole chicken, 1/2 of it taken from bone and cubed
- 1lb ground beef, scramble fried
- 1 recipe Alfredo Sauce
- 1 large can of prepared mushroom soup.
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 bag mixed frozen veggies, divided into 4ths.
- 1 onion, 1/2 sliced, 1/2 diced – both cooked to light golden brown
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 2 quarts rice, cooked, divided into 4ths
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled
Instructions for Chicken Alfredo with Linguine
- Combine together: 1/2 recipe of Alfredo Sauce, 1/2 cubed chicken, 1/2 sliced onions, 1/2 can of mushroooms. Put all into a large freezer bag. Squish together – the kids love to do this. Label and freeze. To Prepare: defrost, heat through. Boil pasta according to pkg directions. Toss together and serve!
Instructions for Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
1. Sauce: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 Tbsp veggie oil, 2 cloves garlic, dash of Italiano Club House Seasoning, tsp sugar.
2. Combine together in large freezer bag: sauce, 1/4 of cooked rice, other 1/2 of cubed chicken, 1/4 of mixed veggies. Squish together. Label and Freeze. To Prepare: defrost and heat through. Finished!
Instructions for 2 Stir Fried Sides
1. Sauce: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 Tbsp veggie oil, 2 tsp chicken bouillion, 2 Tbsp water.
2. Add to frying pan: sauce, another 1/3 of rice, 2/4ths mixed veggies, all remaining chopped onions. Fry together until combined, adding more water if needed. Rice should be light and fluffy: don’t overdo the water!
3. Cool. Divide into 2 large freezer bags. Label and Freeze. To prepare: heat through!
Instructions for Shepherd’s Pie & Potatoes (2 sides)
1. 1/3 of potatoes need to be sliced. Other 2/3rds need to be quartered and boiled until cooked.
2. Scalloped Potato Casserole: Layer together the sliced potatoes and rest of sliced onions. Pour can of mushroom soup over all. Freeze BEFORE cooking. To prepare:defrost, cook for one hour at 350°.
3. For Mashed Potatoes: Whip together the boiled potatoes, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup margarine and salt and pepper to taste. Whip until smooth. Remove half of potatoes for Shepherd’s Pie. Keep the rest warm in oven until ready to serve for dinner.
4. For Shepherd’s Pie: Remove 1/4 cup of ground beef for nachos. Set aside. Place the rest of ground beef, rest of mixed veggies, rest of chopped onions, 1/2 c water, and 1 pkg onion soup mix into large freezer bag(1). Squish it until blended. Take the mashed potatoes, cool them. place into another large freezer bag(2). Take both packages(1 & 2) and place into another large freezer bag. Label and freeze. To Prepare: remove bag(1) and bag (2), defrost separately. Place defrosted ground beef mixture into casserole dish, place mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle with paprika (optional, but it looks purrrrty) and bake until heated through. Near1y 1 hour at 350°F. Also, see 5 ingredient Shepherd’s Pie.
5. For Nacho’s: Layer nacho chips on microwavable plate, topped with ground beef, chopped veggies like bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes, and lotsa shredded cheese. serve with salsa and sour cream!
If you use these recipes let me know in the comment form!
Here’s to health,