So I kinda missed the Holiday menu planning deadline here. But how about some great ideas for leftover turkey? In all these recipes, turkey can be substituted for chicken. If you want a lower fat version, use the white meat from the turkey breast.
- Chicken Vermicelli
- Warm Chicken Walnut Salad
- Polynesian Rice
- BBQ Baked Chicken *boil the sauce ingredients first, cut up the cooked turkey, combine all ingredients and bake for 1/2 an hour.
- Creamy Comfort Casserole *substitute leftover gravy for the white sauce in this recipe for a Holiday twist. Serve with cranberry sauce.
Also try an open-faced sandwich with gluten-free bread:
- Layer bread, mayonnaise, stuffing(if you have it), turkey meat.
- Toast this in toaster oven or under broiler in oven.
- Re-heat gravy and pour on top for southern comfort. For a lower fat version, sprinkle with cheddar cheese before toasting and leave out the gravy.